Small-town friendliness and cosmopolitan amenities make Culver City one of the most desirable places to live in Los Angeles. A thriving arts district and newly revitalized downtown attract people from all over LA, while its cinematic past as the site of legendary film studios like MGM gives it a character that few places can match. This unique blend of nostalgia and modernity makes it irresistible to those looking for a place to call home.
And that’s not even mentioning the lush parks, walkable streets, free downtown parking, and energy-efficient homes that the city is known for. World-class public services and a dedicated school system ensure that residents have few reasons to leave.
Real estate in Culver City
Culver City residential real estate maintained its value throughout the housing crisis, and LA’s recovery from the downturn seems to have begun here. Inventory is low and homes usually sell quickly.
The housing stock is comprised of single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. Spanish Colonial Revival, mid-century modern, and Storybook (a style inspired by fairy tale homes), are some of the most distinctive architectural styles. A renowned example of Storybook architecture in the city is a cluster of residences at Dunn Drive called the “Hobbit House.”
Single-family homes usually have three bedrooms or more, along with landscaped yards and covered patios. Hardwood flooring, vaulted ceilings, and walk-in closets are common features.
The local government offers informative workshops, rebates, and other incentives to draw residents’ attention to the Energy Upgrade California program and encourage them to renovate their homes with green technologies.
There is no rent control in Culver City – those who purchase multi-family properties and/or condos with the intention of turning them into income properties have the upper hand when it comes to price increases and evictions.
Looking for a home in Culver City? Call Klein Real Estate at 310-459-7765 or send an email to Team@KleinListings.com.
Culver City Market Report
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Attractions and amenities in Culver City
Culver City has plenty of sights and sounds to keep you entertained for days on end:
- Sony Pictures Studios – Go on a two-hour walking tour of the former MGM studios and relive Hollywood’s Golden Age. Explore the sets for classic films like “The Wizard of Oz” and “Spider Man” and game shows like “Wheel of Fortune.” The tour is wildly popular, so make reservations early.
- Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook – Hiking trails and concrete stairs lead to this 511-foot overlook. Admire scenic views of the Pacific Ocean, the Los Angeles Basin, and the nearby mountains as you take in the fresh, clean air. Fascinating exhibits on the land’s history as an oil drilling site and its subsequent restoration and conservation can be found at the visitors’ center.
- Jackson Market and Deli – Dig into pancakes and eggs for breakfast or choose from a wide array of meats and sandwiches at this well-loved neighborhood market. The back patio, which features a koi pond and artificial waterfall, creates the perfect setting for brunch or dinner.
- Downtown Culver City – The city’s famed downtown boasts a spectacular array of shops, galleries, bars, restaurants, outdoor cafés, and stunning architecture. Book a table at a trendy new restaurant, scour the shops for great bargains, or paint the town red on a Friday night.
- Culver City Arts District – Named by USA Today as one of “The 10 Best Arts Districts” in the country, the district is home to more than a dozen galleries that showcase the work of local and international artists. Attend an exhibit opening or join the Culver City Art Walk for a chance to meet and interact with artists.
For more shopping, dining, and entertainment options, visit the Downtown Culver City website.