This affluent neighborhood south of Beverly Hills has all the requisites of the good life – upscale storefronts, sidewalk delis, mature trees that form canopies over quiet streets, and homes that embody comfort and refined elegance. Los Angeles’ famed nightlife and the pristine shores of coastal communities like Malibu and Santa Barbara are just a quick drive away.
Beverlywood exudes an unassuming small-town feel despite being surrounded by the Westside’s urban sprawl. It also has one of the most influential and dedicated homeowners associations in Los Angeles – the Beverlywood Homes Association successfully resisted the up-zoning that took place in other neighborhoods in LA in the 1960s.
Beverlywood is bounded by Monte Mar Drive in the north, Beverwil and Roxbury drives in the west, Robertson Boulevard in the east, and Beverlywood Street in the south.
Real estate in Beverlywood
There are more than a thousand homes in Beverlywood, and the choicest real estate is located within the Beverlywood Homes Association limits, where homes typically have higher property values. The housing stock consists primarily of single-family homes and apartments. Spanish and mid-century modern are two of the most prominent architectural styles.
Many of the homes were constructed between the 1920s and the 1950s, and the oldest ones can be found in the areas closest to Beverly Hills. Most of these homes have been remodeled and updated.
The homeowners association (HOA) reviews and approves any exterior changes that a homeowner wants to have made. This includes everything from upgrades to home designs and materials. This ensures that the neighborhood has a cohesive look, and helps preserve the architectural integrity of the homes.
Most single-family homes have three or more bedrooms along with private patios and spacious yards. Stone countertops, hardwood floors, walk-in closets, and recessed lighting are common features.
If you’re looking for a place of your own in this wonderful neighborhood, call Klein Real Estate at 310-459-7765 or send an email to Team@KleinListings.com.
Beverlywood Market Report
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Attractions and amenities in Beverlywood
Though mostly residential, Beverlywood has a number of shops and restaurants for you to enjoy:
- Beverlywood Bakery – The oldest bakery in LA offers an assortment of cookies, gourmet breads, cakes, eclairs, and other pastries. Gluten-free and sugar-free baked goods are also available. All items are fresh and made with original recipes. And if that’s not enough, the bakery sells specialty Jewish holiday goods, custom-made birthday cakes, and elaborate platters for special events.
- Tuk Tuk – Come here for Thai favorites like fresh spring rolls, pad thai, lemongrass chicken, and crispy wonton. The restaurant’s warm and inviting atmosphere makes it ideal for family dinners and casual get-togethers.
- Sotto – This restaurant brings you regionally inspired Italian cooking at its finest. Crispy octopus, risotto, and grilled ribeye are just some of the scrumptious dishes on offer. Housed on the ground floor of a townhouse building, Sotto’s elegant interiors make it perfect for luncheons and dinner dates.
- The Original Farmers Market – Buy fresh produce, spices, handmade confections, and tea leaves at the farmers market. You’ll also find vendors that sell hand-dipped candles, aromatherapy oils, coffee table books, and apparel.
- The Grove – This upscale outdoor mall features major brands like Apple and Diane von Furstenberg as well as retailers such as Barnes & Noble and Sephora. A number of restaurants serve Japanese, French, and Italian fare. It also houses the Pacific Theatres, which screen the latest box office hits.
For more shopping and dining options, have a look at The Grove’s directory.