The neighborhoods of Cheviot Hills-Rancho Park make up an affluent but quiet community that draws you in with its love for gracious living. Its upwardly mobile residents embody casual elegance, while its stately homes exude low-key luxury.
Its scenic beauty is another selling point – rolling hills, wide green spaces, and tree-lined streets give it a picturesque quality. Throw in a number of upscale amenities like the well-regarded Rancho Park Golf Course, and you have one of the most desirable places to live in Los Angeles.
Real estate in Cheviot Hills/Rancho Park
The housing stock in Cheviot Hills-Rancho Park consists mostly of single-family homes and multi-family properties. There’s a variety of architectural styles that range from Tudor and mid-century modern to French Normandy and Spanish Colonial Revival. Most residences command views of city lights and the nearby golf course.
Single-family homes often have four bedrooms or more, along with outdoor patios and private pools. Fine cabinetry, walk-in closets, and high ceilings are common features.
Formerly part of the Rancho Rincon de los Bueyes land grant, Cheviot Hills borders the Rancho Park Golf Course and Hillcrest Country Club to the south. Breathtaking views of the Los Angeles Basin make the homes in this neighborhood highly sought after.
There’s a distinction between Old and New Cheviot – the latter refers to the California Country Club, which operated as a golf course before being converted into 410 residential lots in 1951. The enclave has its own homeowners association. The rest of the neighborhood is called Old Cheviot, with Club Drive and Queensbury Drive as dividing roads.
Rancho Park surrounds the Rancho Park Golf Course. It was part of Westwood until the extension of 10th Street bisected the area north and south. Today, it’s one of the smallest neighborhoods in LA, but its affluence more than makes up for its size.
Ready to buy a home in this desirable community? Call Klein Real Estate at 310-459-7765 or send an email to Team@KleinListings.com.
Cheviot Hills/Rancho Park Market Report
Overview - Last 30 days
©2018 CRMLS. All rights reserved. Some listings on this website are from CRMLS as of January 15, 2018 8:07 PM PT The information being provided is for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Attractions and amenities in Cheviot Hills/Rancho Park
- Rancho Park Golf Course – One of the busiest courses in Los Angeles, this community gem has a storied past. Golf legend Arnold Palmer won three LA Opens at Rancho Park and more than 100,000 rounds are played here every year. Its lush fairways and manicured greens are a sight to behold, but it’s the great camaraderie among players that sets this course apart.
- Hillcrest Country Club – This private club boasts an 18-hole Willie Watson-designed golf course, a pool, and a well-equipped fitness center. Vivid kikuyu grass populate the greens and fairways, and a no-cellphone policy creates a tranquil environment for players who don’t want any distractions.
- Griffin Club – Formerly known as the Beverly Hills Country Club, Griffin features a posh clubhouse, a magnificent pool, tennis courts, social facilities, and exquisite landscaping.
- Cheviot Hills-Rancho Park Recreation Center – Here you’ll find several sports fields, ball courts, an indoor gymnasium, and a children’s play area. The center’s barbecue pits and picnic tables are ideal for outdoor gatherings, while the auditorium and function room are perfect for community events.
- Cheviot Hills Tennis Courts – Tennis enthusiasts can have a friendly match at any of the 14 lighted tennis courts in the neighborhood. Improve your game and have a great time with friends and family.
For more information on the neighborhood, visit Rancho Park Online.